||Mirror Hall, Schloss Esterházy
The Mirror Hall has a dome shaped plastered ceiling, which avoids vertical standing waves. Apart from that half of the floor was covered with carpets.
The splendid Baroque residence palace built by Carlo Martino Carlone for Prince Paul IV Esterházy (16351713) between 1663 and 1672 transforming the medieval castle. Prince Paul Anton Esterházy (17111762), Prince Nicholas Joseph Esterházy (17141790) and Prince Nicholas II Esterházy (17651833) were the patrons of the composer Joseph Haydn (17321809), who worked here from 1761 for 30 years as court conductor.